Identification symbol with part-number/name

Status
Not open for further replies.

VW181

Mechanical
Jan 23, 2013
NL
Hi All,

Is there a way to make "Identification Symbols" with the part-number/name in it instead of the POS-number?
And I want them to be associative. So if I link the symbol to a part automatically the part-number/name is filled in.

Thanks in advance,
Tjeerd

Using NX 8.0 and Teamcenter 8 on Windows 7 (64)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
I might have part of the solution.

-In the identification symbol dialog, click on the "A" next to the text field.
-Once in the next dialog box, right under the area where you type text, select "Relationships" from the "Category" drop down menu.
-From there, you have access to different part parameters. Just select the one you want and it should work.

For the "automatically" part, if you define the parameter you want before placing the identification symbol, this setting will remain.

Alex

Thank you 41EX, I've tried this but this way the symbols are not connected to the parts.
Another way I've found is to change the original "Identification Symbols" under "Annotation Preferencs" - "Parts Lists", or right click on the parts list in the "Part Navigator" and choose "Style".
Behind "Main Symbol Text" you can choose different things. Parts name is one of it.
Sadly the leader is connected to the under-side of the text, so sometimes the leader goes trough the text.

Using NX 8.0 and Teamcenter 8 on Windows 7 (64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back