Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

identify these machines 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Celio

Mechanical
Feb 17, 2023
BR
I just graduated in Mechanical Engineer and got a Job that I dont know nothing about.
Please, someone helpme identify what is the purpose os these machines.
WhatsApp_Image_2023-02-17_at_15.42.43_qh0yub.jpg
WhatsApp_Image_2023-02-17_at_15.42.43_1_uytccm.jpg

I don't know if here are the right place to post. but I need help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No one ever expects you to know everything. I ask questions all the time at my new job and have been here nearly a year. No one should be upset by you asking. Just don't ask the same questions repeatedly - then they will get upset
As others have said, you definitely have a shear and a bandsaw

No one ever expects you to know everything. I ask questions all the time at my new job and have been here nearly a year. No one should be upset by you asking. Just don't ask the same questions repeatedly - then they will get upset
As others have said, you definitely have a shear and a bandsaw

I agree they they are a horizontal bandsaw and some sort of a metal brake or shear. Either way, do not be afraid to ask! If they don't like that you asking, then you really ought to find a better job! Like others have said, you better understand the machines well before you operate them and hurt yourself or someone else.

I think the first photo is showing hydraulic shear, not a brake. In the photo taken from behind you can see a ramp for the trimmed portions of the sheet metal/plate to slide down so the corners don't get dinged as they fall to the ground.

If the internal blades are flat-edged and one of them is slightly skewed in the horizontal direction it's a shear. If the blades are V-shaped it's a brake.

-Christine

Fake it till you Make it, isn't a good way to start any job. You have a shear and a band saw. The shear can easily cause great harm. Used incorrectly it can damage itself too. You should get as much training on that as you can before attempting to teach others how to use it.

Knowing what a machine is and generally how to use it is only a start.

They owe you documentation on those machines. Even if I knew one pretty well, if the school has no instructions on it at all, I would probably not use it until that is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back