Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IEEE-841 warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Warranties are a commercial consideration. IEEE has nothing to do with commercial issues. It does require things that end up implying longer expected service life, i.e. chemical resistant coatings, high temperature insulation, the bearings must be regreasable, the nameplates and condensate drains must be stainless steel etc. etc.

"If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe." -- Abraham Lincoln
For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

Decent White paper on the issue without specifics to one mfr vs another. It doesn't address warranties of course, because as I said, that is not a technical specification.

"If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe." -- Abraham Lincoln
For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

Thanks jraef! Yes, i actually got that from Baldor Prospec also, you came back with the exact same response as John Malinowski, I worked for Baldor for 20+ years & know him well. I really appreciate all your knowledge, enjoy reading your responses to all the inquiries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back