Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

If loops in Mathcad 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnuram

Mechanical
Oct 11, 2005
US
hey all,
I am having problems in the if statement.
Actually i am using If statement in a model where in the beginning i had to choose what type of coolantside (eg:coolant or air)
So i have to choose various values like mnu,Rho,Cp etc for the coolant or air ).So i got the equation to correlate this values for various temps.
Now the tough thing is when i put a variable saying i choose

Coldside=Coolant or air (starting of the model)
So for me if i select "coolant" down in the model
I want all my coolant related properties to be selected and put in the respective equations.
And also if i select the "Air" it should automatically give the air properties.

I guess i am pretty clear .

Thank u
Vinnu

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Coldside:="Coolant"
mnu:if(Coldside="Coolant",23,45)
mnu=23

If you had a lot of values, it might be easier to use the "if" function to select an index number, then set up a matrix of values. Use the index number to select the right one.

You might consider using a control component for the initial selection to avoid problems with spelling.

vinnuram,

If you usse a global variable definition for Coldside, then wherever it is in the worksheet, even near the end or in the middle, it will be valid in expressions that precede it.

I always try to put all my inputs at the top of a worksheet, so a user does not have to go hunt for them.

regards,

chichuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back