Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

If you weren't an engineer, what would you be? 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoPuntzJones

Materials
Oct 27, 2005
US
I've been thinking about this recently. Not because I am unhappy with engineering, but because so many other things also sound so interesting to me.

I'd like to hear from the rest of you. If you had to pick another career, what would you choose?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I always wanted to be an engineer from my earliest days. And everything that I have experienced and what I see happening in the world of technology confirms that my choice of the Mechanical discipline was the right one. I do not and never have wished to be anything else.

The stats say that U students who drop out of engineering but continue are most likely to graduate as economists.

Probably correct - the job is still the mathematical analysis of problems/situations.

I thought I was going to be a raft guide and ski bum forever. Then I got tired of being broke. I chose engineering as an alternate career. But I think being a doctor would be much more interesting. (not to mention the people you would work with are bound to be more interesting than an office full of engineers)

Commercial pilot was my first dream.
Then a cop. Didn't make it.
Fell into engineering.
If I could start over, I would be a surgeon.

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks Pro 06/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home site (updated 06-21-05)
FAQ559-1100
FAQ559-716

I contemplate law here & there. May yet do it.

I already decided not to be a professional musician or professsional linguist.

Hg

Eng-Tips policies: faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back