Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

If you weren't an engineer, what would you be? 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoPuntzJones

Materials
Oct 27, 2005
US
I've been thinking about this recently. Not because I am unhappy with engineering, but because so many other things also sound so interesting to me.

I'd like to hear from the rest of you. If you had to pick another career, what would you choose?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm already picking up extra cash bass guiding on the St. John's River in Florida. One of these days I'll grow the stones to blow off this job and start a full time guide business.

Mostly in the side channels and oxbows between Lake Monroe and Lake George although I'll go anywhere between Lake Harney and the north end of Lake George if asked. If you find where State Road 44 crosses the St. John's, I'm about ten minutes from there by boat.

I used to go boating and canoeing from Lake Monroe to Blue Springs and many of the side rivers and channels, back when it was legal to swim with the manatees. The Wekiva was my favorite. People just don't know how beautiful Florida really is until they get on those waters!

Took my girlfriend's grandkids to Blue Springs the Friday after Thanksgiving for manatee watching (and freeing up a gaggle of females for shopping). If you happen to be between the ages of 3 and 8, my manatee imitation will absolutely SLAY you...

1. Builder of cool stuff out of any and all materials.
2. College prof.

I did have the ulitimate job. I left my engr mgr job to own/run an ice arena and got to do all of the activities: zamboni driving, skating, hockey playing, 1st aid, and watching figure skaters. But I had some really bad biz partners so I had to come back after 2 years.

Today I think I would rather sell fruit from a van parked on the side of the road.

Wes C.
------------------------------
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Geologist or palenontologist or historian.

I'm an avid history reader and enjoy putting the history together with science.

Regards,
Qshake
[pipe]
Eng-Tips Forums:Real Solutions for Real Problems Really Quick.

I guess the most honest answer I could give is:

Supervisor at Right Aid.

That's what I had to do for nearly a year before my current position came along.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back