Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Iges File Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluggo

Mechanical
Dec 21, 2000
US
For now we are running ACAD14 and need an IGES file translator/ viewer. Anyone know of any downloadable viewers etc. that might be used? If not please advise inexpensive options or viewing.

Thansk and God Bless
Mike

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm a bit confused; do you need to open .iges files (maybe sent to you by some else)in ACAD14, or are you looking to have access to view variuos ACAD files (.dwg) without having to open them in ACAD14 (a viewer)?

Chris

Thanks Chris;

We have ACAD14 and can view dwg and dxf files extensions with no problem. I cannot open and view iges files through acad and am looking for a way to do this. Many times these are sent to us from customers.

Thanks
mike

New Info: I found this on the AutoCAD web site:

Due to the complexity of Autodesk IGES Translator and its applications, this product is not currently sold on our Estore. Your local reseller is best equipped to answer your questions, so please contact your local reseller by clicking the Locate a Reseller link on the left side of your browser.

Regards, Steve Smith
Product Engineer
Staco Energy Products Co.

Try AutoVue software. Not only does it view IGES data but other formats such as DXF, Autocad, plus a host of other graphical images. Problem is when original software is updated with a new write feature, these viewers tend to be a step behind. I had used this many years ago and seemed like a good product.

It depends on the 3D software you are using. Look here for the free eDrawings Publisher. It will work with most major 3D modelers.

[green]"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."[/green]
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back