Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Iges translator within pro 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

gb420917

Mechanical
Oct 29, 2001
GB
Having problems with igs translation. Pro2001 seems to create the file okay and reads into back versions of proe 2000i and 2000i2 but the file won't read in to either mastercam, rhino or ANSYS (igs translator)I know and use the proe plugin for ANSYS but just using it to verify igs file, what appear is the model without the surfaces being trimmed back. Pro2001 cuts tried are 200 which gave the above results and cut 490 this allowed the model to be used within ANSYS but mastercam and Rhino wont read in file. No problems were encountered when I was using 2000i or 2000i2 translator.

I've thought of a short term fix of reading the files into 2000i and then igs them back out, and this works but I would like to fix the problem if possible.

many thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In 2001 there are several options for exporting IGES files. I.E. Solids, Surfaces, Edges. I've found that most programs I've used other than Pro/E (Mastercam, Solidworks)don't support the solids options, but will read an IGES file output with surfaces and/or edges.

Hope that helps,
David

In earlier versions solids transferred okay only in 2001 is there a problem. The surface option works okay, PTC said the problem has been fixed in the latest cut just it's not commercially available yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back