Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator File in Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiringGuy

Electrical
Mar 25, 2004
CA
I'm trying to add our company logo to the drawing templates but I can't seem to get it to import. I'm using Insert->Object->Illustrator Artwork. However I get an error "object cannot be created". I'm I doing something wrong? Does the .ai file have to be saved a certain way?
Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have tried that all it does is add a block with the fiel name, and link to it. The Link checkbox is unselected when I insert the object. I think it's a problem with my computer it has been acting strange for the last week after I cleaned up some unused programs.

wouold someone be willing to try add it for me on there system to confirm my thoughts.

Thnak in advance

Try this. Once you have the image file exported form AI open a program which will read the image file (PhotoShop, Corel, etc) Also have your SolidWorks drawing open at the same time. In your image software "copy" the image to the clipboard, then switch to SolidWorks, click in the drawing and "paste" the image.

This typically works for most people. If it doesn't send me the two files (if their not to large)and I'll see if it works for me. You can send me the file from my website (address below).

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
President: Northern
Vermont SolidWorks User Group
(updated 8/12/06)
SW 2006 SP 4.0 / SW 2007 SP 0.0

You can also save the file as a bitmap (as stated above, jpg, bmp, etc), open it with a simple common bitmap editor and create a window, then cut...then paste into the spot on your template and resize as needed. No linking that way. Just run-of-the-mill image OLE'd into a document. I don't recommend linked sophisticated formated like .ai into a template.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back