Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image Quality Changes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGregory

Mechanical
Mar 22, 2011
US
When I work on parts with curves and arcs the image quality changes on it's own when I edit a feature. I have the image quality set above the "Low" setting and the "Optimize edge length" box checked. I edit a feature or a dimension and the image quality resets itself back to "Low" and the "Optimize edge length" box becomes unchecked. Why does the image quality change by itself? I have attached an image of a part example. I have been dealing with this for quite a long time now and it is very frustrating. Any help is appreciated. I am running SolidWorks Professional 2010 SP4.0 on a XP, 32-bit workstation. My graphics card is nVIDIA Quadro FX 3800.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

AGregory,
I am having the same problem. Our VAR reported to SW as a SPR.

(SPR 562846: Image quality of this part file is automatically set to low when opening assembly drawing file and rebuild (Ctrl+Q) it.)

It is listed as high impact so hopefully this bug will be fixed right away.

Hope this helps,

Colin Fitzpatrick (aka Macduff)
Mechanical Designer
Solidworks 2010 SP 5.0
Dell T5500 XP Pro SP 3 (32-bit)
Xeon CPU 2.53 GHz 3.00 GB of RAM
nVida Quadro 4000 2 GB
3D Connexion-SpaceExplorer

Macduff - Thanks for the information. If you haven't already, check out the macro Gupta65 recommended in his response on March 26th. I created a custom button to run this macro and each time the image quality reduces I click on the macro and it increases it.

Thanks but no thanks. I'll manually change the settings under the options.

Colin Fitzpatrick (aka Macduff)
Mechanical Designer
Solidworks 2010 SP 5.0
Dell T5500 XP Pro SP 3 (32-bit)
Xeon CPU 2.53 GHz 3.00 GB of RAM
nVida Quadro 4000 2 GB
3D Connexion-SpaceExplorer

I have had this problem too for a while. I started getting it when I switch to SP3, I think. I'm now on 2011 sp2 and have had fewer problems. I also called my VAR and they have never heard of that happening. Could it possibly be a video memory problem?

If first you do succeed...try something harder.

Blair H.
SW 2009 sp3.0, HP x4600
3.16ghz Intel Core2 Duo,
3.0 GB ram,
Nvidia Quadro FX 1700
Space Pilot Pro...they ROCK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back