Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

image quality save?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathey

Mechanical
Mar 9, 2004
US
is there anyway to "save" the image quality? If I set the slider to high, then do anything to the part (i.e. zoom in or out) the image quality goes back to low.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Mathey,

I just did something this morning where I needed to see a round circle and it saved the image quality. My part templates are set up for low or fast performance. Not sure if someone else may have a suggestion for you. Did you try saving the part immediatly after changing the quality? You might want to let us know what version of SW you're running and all the particulars as far as video card etc.

SolidWorks 2006 SP4.0
Windows XP Pro, Pentium4 3.00GHz
1.5 GB RAM, Matrox P650
Logitech Marble Mouse, CADMAN

yup, tried the "save" immediately after making the change

SW2006 Sp2.1 (can't update due to the "insert CD2" snafu

Nvidia Quadro FX3400

Mathey,

Have you figured out a solution to this issue? I've been having the same problem and it's annoying. I'm going to try contacting my VAR.
Thanks

John Graham CSWP
kngt.gif

Mechanical Design Engineer

A rebuild doesn't work. If I rebuild, then save, after 20 min. or so the image quality is back to low. I'm wondering if there's a setting that automatically sacrifices image quality for the sake of speed.

John Graham CSWP
kngt.gif

Theophilus,

Good thought. That's what our VAR thought too. But it happens in parts that are not used in any assembly. I think it's just a bug.

John Graham CSWP
kngt.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back