Status
Not open for further replies.

DTSFA

Electrical
May 31, 2012
GB
Hi

i am using IMO iSmart plc.

the ladder software, SMT v3.33 , when using monitor mode, all my comments that i written in the ladder disappear ?

I think it is when I go into monitor mode,

is it a case of write comments, re-save ladder at this point, then use monitor mode, ?

all help welcome

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you referring to rung comments, data tags, both? When you turn off monitor mode do the comments reappear? Did you save the program then load it into the PLC then try to turn on monitoring mode? If you didn't save it into the PLC it might be reading an earlier version of the code from the PLC before you added and saved the comments so it deletes them?

I haven't used that coding software or PLC unit but to me it sounds like it might just be loading a program from the PLC maybe before you added comments so try saving the program when you finish adding comments and with the code or as you update then load that into the PLC unit then put it into monitor mode and see if it saves them.

Hi Age

thanks,

yep, maybe is a case of writing to PLC, save as this point, then see if comments in ladder remain put,

I will re-test and come back

That is not really a PLC, that is a "smart relay" called the LOGO! (the exclamation point is part of the product name) that they brand-label from Siemens. Siemens is very careful to NOT refer to it as a PLC, because it isn't and to say it is implies it is capable of things that a PLC is capable of.

That unit does not store any comments in itself, it has very little memory. Comments can ONLY stored in the off-line PC software program. I think maybe you can see comments if you are running the PC software in monitor mode while connected to the relay, but it's been a while now, I'm not sure.

"Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum."
— Kilgore Trout (via Kurt Vonnegut)

For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

Thanks for clarifying jraef, I was trying to help but had not used that before so was just hoping maybe it was a user order error but that makes sense from what you posted.

jraef

thanks for detailed reply

I think the comments seem to be lost from memory, after disconnecting from monitor mode,

it could be that I am switching power off before disconnecting from monitor mode, maybe this is the cause ?

No. What I'm saying is that the comments do not exist anywhere except in your programming software file, they are never stored in the relay memory, there isn't enough. So if you have made comments in the ladder or block program on your PC but have not saved your file, you will lose them.

"Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum."
— Kilgore Trout (via Kurt Vonnegut)

For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back