Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Implematation of Insight ST4 SharePoint Fundation 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

kontener

Automotive
Dec 20, 2011
PL
Hello

Hello
I’m trying to implement Insight Server with SharePoint Foundation 2010 everything on platform x64
Everything goes Ok accordance with attached instructions to moment where I should:
"Select the Solid Edge web part BOM View ( site 7-9 in attachment ) "
In this moment I don’t see possibility to find in "Categories Miscellaneous" of Web Part:
BOM view

Had someone the similar problem ?
Maybe has someone any suggestions to what forums should I write to get help ??

Thx for help good people

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't see the attachment.

Question, what instructions are you following for installing? GTAC has developed a step-by-step set of instructions on how to install and configure SQL, SharePoint and Insight. If you do not have this document I suggest you get a copy.

Ding me if you need a copy.

-Dave

Now I see the link. You are apparently using the SharePoint Implementation Guide. Don't! Use the GTAC step by step how to.

I tried uploading the file directly to here but it is too big. IM me and I can send it to you directly -- it is a 7.46 MB PDF file.

Sent! The instructions I sent are for ST3 but the steps are exactly the same for ST4 -- which is why we haven't updated them.

These should get you up and running w/o any trouble.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any clarification.

-Dave

I don't know where I do the mistake , everything is going OK to site 151 GTAC document and I don't see "Solid Edge Insight Team Site" I see all others but not this dedicated site

Did you follow the document verbatim or did you deviate any from the instructions?

Did you install SharePoint to somewhere other than the default location? If so, you will need add the path to the stsadm command to your server's PATH environment variable, uninstall Insight Server and reinstall again.

Also, what is your serer config for this installation? Are you attempting use SBS? If so then there are additional steps to go through.

I would really suggest opening a help desk call with GTAC or your VAR.

I've installed 6 times new system win2008x64SP1
- there are on virtual servers Hiper-V Microsoft
I've followed site by site realy concentrated

No I instal everything in default location

I don't have access to SBS ( is any demo user ? )
my configuration:
Win2008R2x64SP1
SQL 2008 SP3
PS fundation 2010

Things to consider:

You've installed the latest Ins Server MP after doing the base install?

Are you running 64-bit SQL Server? You state you are running SQL 2008 not 2008 R2. Do you have the correct updates for SPF?

You've installed *all* of the software using the same generic domain account?

Try adding the stsadm location to your PATH environment variable.

Are SQL and SharePoint on the same server if a different server?

Is UAC and Windows Firewall disabled on the server(s)?

You've installed the latest Ins Server MP after doing the base install?

NO , I have :
Product: Solid Edge Insight Server
Version: 104.00.00.082
could you sent me ?? , I not able to download

Are you running 64-bit SQL Server? You state you are running SQL 2008 not 2008 R2. Do you have the correct updates for SPF?

I have SQL 2008 SP3 not SQL 2008 R2
- it can be problem ...???
The updates SPF SP1 nothing changed

You've installed *all* of the software using the same generic domain account?

Yes :
domain\administrator

Try adding the stsadm location to your PATH environment variable.

which one , can you give mie example ???

Are SQL and SharePoint on the same server if a different server?

Everything is on one server

Is UAC and Windows Firewall disabled on the server(s)?
Yes of course

Hi,
sorry to stir up an old thread, but I've got a similar problem (installing win2008, sharepoint, ms sql and insight) and I haven't got GTAC step-by-step guide (used implementation guide with terrible results :D). Where could one find it (GTAC's guide)?

Brs,
Marno Kulmala

i am strugling with ST5 and insight was working on ST4 upgraded to ST5 and it didnt work. went badck to ST4 now it deosnt work.. gtac knows littel more than i do about it. been 3 weeks down. anyone have the documantation other than the SESPimplimentation guide?? that step by step seems worth a try. if anyone knows where to obtain pls let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back