Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

implict - contacts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrearrd

Mar 12, 2004
AU
hello everybody and thanks again for help on my previous post. i am now having sever difficutlies with implicit and the contacts. basically i am trying to model a stent (see my mass scaling post) whcih expands inside an artery, modelled as a simple tube of hyperelastic material. i am running implicit, and have set up the contact definitions with the artery as the slave and teh expanding stent as the master. The job runs until contact is made, but abrots soon after. Some deformation does occur, but then i just get the "too many attempts on this increment error". I have tried reducing the increment size and also switched bewteen finite and small sliding. i have also refined the mesh of the slave surface to great extent as hinted in the user guide.
Again thanks in advance for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
I am a new member to this forum. By this time you probably have a solution to your problem. If not, I ran into similar problems and kind of got it to solve. Let me know
thanks
amar

Hi,
If you are still trying to solve it with implicit. check the message file for your errors. abaqus might be going through discontinuity iterations. if it reaches 12 iterations which is the default it will abort. in this case you need to increase the iterations using *Controls,Parameters=Time Incrementation
amar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back