Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

import Custom Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

RACERXXX

Electrical
Apr 25, 2003
US
How does one insert a custom logo say from AutoCad. I.E. I have a block in my AutoCad with my company logo as a block. How do I insert the same block into the Solid Works Sheet template? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

RacerXXX

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

RacerXXX

If the logo is a ACAD drawing, you can import the file in SW and create an SW block. This block can be inserted in your drawing format.

If the logo is an image (bmp, jpeg, tif...), do not Insert/Object. Open the image in an image editor, select Edit\Copy (in the image editor), pick a point in the SW sheet or format, select Edit\Past (in SW).

In the second case, be carefull with the file size.

Regards

Is there any way to link a .bmp or logo file to a drawing?

I find our logo is relativley simple - but to make it look good with sharp lines the smallest I could get it to was around 300kB

NO and YES!

If you try to insert a picture in SW (and not as copy/past) you will see an icon representing the image: not the image itself.

But there's a turn around. Creat a Word doc and insert the image in this doc. In SW Insert/Object/word.doc, select link to file and... voilá! You have a linked image now!

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back