Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMPORT DRAFTING SETTINGS FROM PART

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnavy

Mechanical
Feb 5, 2014
SI
Hello to All.

Hopefuly somebody here would help me to get my drawing to look right with some settings importing.

The thing is that I am quite fresh in NX and setting up all the drafting settings can be a bit time consuming especially if you have a lot of work to do.
What I want to do is to open a NX part file from a friends who has very good looking drafting settings layout and somehow integrate his drafting settings in to my NX7.5.

Is that possible to to do or what is the file on his PC that we should look for?
I know that in CATIA you have all drafting standard setting stored in drafting standard setting file which you can modify with notepad.

Many Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You should have some location on your Computer or maybe on a network drive( Depends how your IT department has setup the environment for NX)called ...\site\startup
In there you will find a file which is called nx##_site.dpv This file will call for the Drafting Standards file which is typically stored at the same location.
These files will contain all the settings which are NOT controlled by the UGII_env.dat file

Easiest would be to just copy the Drafting standards file and point to it from your customer defaults. You will still need to make other changes to the customer defaults (nx##_site.dpv) as not all settings will be in the drafting standards.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX11 / TC11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back