Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import from HP SolidDesigner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loeb

Mechanical
Nov 25, 2001
US
I'm having a hard time bringing in a third party model that was created in HP SolidDesigner. Regardless of what format my customer sends me, I either get useless entities , or I get what appears to be only surfaces with many surfaces missing or out of place. What I really want to see is solids. Does anyone have any advice on getting parts and assemblies out of SolidDesigner? I can bring them into/through ACAD14, Inventor 4, or SolidWorks 2001.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried importing with Rhinocad? They have a trial version available at rhino3d.com. This is an excellent product for importing surfaces as it does a good job of healing disparities. It also works quite well with solidworks (I don't know about Inventor). However, if this is a large NURBS file, it may take a while to open after saving to solidworks.

Hi loeb,

May be you can try on the tolerance setting before you import the IGES. After import IGES into SolidWorks, try to check the gap & fix it using Diagnosis. (RMB one of the surface)
Another suggestion is open IGES w/ MasterCAM. It's great!

[yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back