Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import from MDT6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petre

Mechanical
May 27, 2002
US
Which way (format) is the better to import from MDT6 the solid models without errors ( or minimal).
Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi again

When you try to import a solid model from a software to another is almost impossible to have all the features of that model. For example, when you will import from IGS format in CATIA, you will be able to read only primitive solids, b-splines but without surfaces (and I think you cannnot know also the topology of the solids).

I suppose that its the same problem in SW (as I remember, for the time beeing, its also a Dassault product).

Maybe somebody can give us a little bit more informations about that (fer@xnet.ro).

Regards
Fernando

Hello Petre,

Please report this to your reseller. If you have errors with the MDT translator, they may be able to fix this in a Service Pack.

cheers,

Joseph

Thank you Joseph, but I think is a general problem with concurent softs.Never will translate 100% of the features one to the other.

Hi Petre,
I haven't had any experience with mdt6 files, but lots with mdt5. I've found the best avenue was exporting from mdt5 as an acis file *.sat, then importing into sw.

Another avenue would be to use Pro-Desktop express (free download) which imports dwg, iges, step, and sat, then export to step, medusa, iges. This program has saved me alot of grief over the past year working between sw & mdt.

Happy Holidays all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back