Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

import hypermesh in workbench 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunggu

Aerospace
Jan 24, 2011
DE
Hey,

I have generated a net in HyperMesh and want to import it into Workbench Finite Element Modeler. I tried it unsing .cdb file, what didnt work.

I also tried to import it first into Ansys classic, but couldnt find a way to get the net into workbench either.

Is there any other way for that so I can use the hypermesh net?

Thanks!
Kunggu

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You may not have the ET types defined and assigned to the elements.
1) Under the Preferences menu, select the Ansys user profile
2) In the browser area, click on the Utility tab
3) Click "ET Type..." then "New..." in the pop-up dialog to create a new ET type
4) After the ET type is defined, close out of the ET Type window

Now that you have an ET type defined, you can assign it to a component element collector
5) Click "Component Manager" in the Utility menu
6) Change the "Assign Values" field to "ET Ref. No."
7) Select the created ET Type then click Set

Now when you export your model, it can be read by Ansys classic or workbench.

Regards,
Ben

Sorry, the problem description is in german:)

It says something like this:

1. File: *.cdb
2. unprocessed command - CSYS,0
3. non blocked format on CDWR-command not supported. Data not processed.
4. converting stopped

any ideas?

Thanks!

Kunggu,
Sorry I've not seen that error when loading HyperMesh CDB files into Ansys. Would someone on the Ansys page know the answer?

Regards,
Ben

i also tried with hypermesh ansys interface tutorial file with cdb extension and i get the same error message as discussed above and i tried with tutorial file which describe utility menu ET Type - Real Sets - Material and Component manager steps and i couldn't succeed. Could someone who import *.cdb file to workbench from hm help ?

If you open the *.cdb file in Ansys Classic you can write another *.cdb file using the cdwrite command. It should then be possible to open this *.cdb file in workbench.

You still have to define the Element Types in Hypermesh before.

Best,
Andi

Dear Andi,

Thanks for your quick response it worked with this method.
There is no easier way to directly import cdb file in workbench environment i guess.

Best Regards

Hi guys,

I want to re-use a model from Ansys classical in workbench so I used CDWRITE to create a CDB file but I cannot open it in workbench GUI, CBD extension is not in the list when using "Open" or "Import" menu. Does anyone know how to open this file in workbench? Please help. Thanks.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back