Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing a Neutral file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wagambi

Automotive
Jun 13, 2002
US
I am starting to work with a customer that uses Pro/E and would like to send me some neutral files. I was told that I could open the file but no one in my company has any idea how to do this. Could someone let me know if and how this can be done?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When it comes to pro/E, be careful when the say neutral file. Pro/E has an internal neutral file format that can be used to open a newer version file in an older vrsion of Pro/E, like a Parasolid export file.

To bring Pro/E data into UG, request STEP data of the solid bodies. In UG, open a new part, then File-Import-STEP203 and select the STEP file from Pro.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

If you're trying to import a STEP assembly into UG through a file manager (i.e. IMAN / Teamcenter), you'll probably have trouble. I either import the files indivually, or else import the assembly into Native UG, which is not good if things need to remain parameterized. I'd like to hear from someone who knows a way of importing through TCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back