Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing data from Pro/E

Status
Not open for further replies.

proengineer

Mechanical
May 28, 2001
IN
I am new to Catia. I exported a Pro/E assembly file to ".model" using File Structure as "Ditto" i.e. the Sub-assembly and part structure of the assebly is maintained when opened in Catia.

Has anyone done similar thing before? What is the quality of this data in Catia?

Amish

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am new to catia as well, and i tried to pass models from proe to catia with little succes. The .model, is a v4 extension or a v5 one. What is the best way to convert pro/e models to catia? Can you keep the structure of a part whe transferring from proe to catia? you keep the parameters, dimensions and so on. Is still modifieble, or it just become as a imported feature?

Tià

Hi,

In my case, I converted the ProE models into IGES or STEP (better) format then I can load either one of them into CATIA. Some color and material properties may be lost, but the structure, dimensions remain unchanged.

Once it has been loaded into CATIA, you can edit/modify to what you want.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for. Please let me know if you need more info.

I have worked with proe files int catia v5 and things can look ok but give problems later. This later (in my case)took the form of empty views in drafting (mainly sections). My experiences have not been good. We have asked our support company to look at the proe files, this confirmed our thoughts - difficulties in original files..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back