Importing Deformed Assembly and Adding a New Part for Compression Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiceYTPL

Civil/Environmental
Mar 11, 2024
DE
Hi everyone,

I have completed an explicit analysis in which I dropped a large number of parts into a cylinder. This part of the simulation went well, and I now have a deformed assembly from this analysis.

My goal is to save the deformed assembly from the first analysis and import it into a new analysis where I can add a new part and perform a compression analysis. I know that I can import individual parts from an .odb file, but in this situation, I need to import the entire assembly. How can I do this in Abaqus? I think I also have the .res file and other necessary files from the first analysis to continue the analysis, i just dont know how to put it all together

Thanks a lot!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You should use the import procedure described in the documentation section "Analysis --> Analysis Techniques --> Analysis Continuation Techniques --> Importing and Transferring Results". You can use it either in GUI (by copying a model to a new one, removing the unnecessary stuff and adding an initial state field or by importing parts from odb and also using the initial state field) or in the input file. Of course, you could script the manual import.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back