Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing displacement boundary conditions. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd300

Bioengineer
May 23, 2006
GB
Dear All,

I'm trying to apply a displacement boundary condition to a static structural model. It's taken from medical images and it can't be approximated by a simple function.

I have a file with all the node numbers and the displacements (generated externally) I want to apply to them and was hoping there was a straight forward way to import them to ANSYS.

What is the best way to go about this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi!

First you have to read the file into ANSYS. The best way is the usage of the *tread command to do this. *vread or *mread are the other ways. By using the *tread command you do'nt have to define the format of the file :eek:)

Of course you must define a table or an array before reading the file. (*dim command)

If you have the data in the table (first column node numbers, second and following columns displacements) you can define the boundary conditions for every node using a do-loop.

e.g:

*do,i,1,n
d,table(i,1),ux,table(i,2)
d,table(i,1),uy,table(i,3)
d,table(i,1),uz,table(i,4)

*enddo

Or via implied do loop

d,table(1:n,1),ux,table(1:n,2)
d,table(1:n,1),uy,table(1:n,3)
d,table(1:n,1),uz,table(1:n,4)

(this is the faster way)

hope this helps, best regards .... Stefan.

Hi there,
try this

*dim,dx,,40
define your data in an array. Select the line, area or volume on which the nodes of interest lies.
NN=0
*get,numloop,NODE,0,count
*do,i,1,numloop
*get,nodeload,NODE,NN,NXTH
d,nodeload,uy,dy(i)
NN=nodeload
*enddo

This stuff works. I've used this.

Cheers
FEAVNIK

Status
Not open for further replies.