Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing file from Local drive to Teamcenter UA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GauravD28

Aerospace
May 23, 2016
US
I am trying to import a UG-NX file from my local drive to Teamcenter. It has a linked body which gets broken once I open the file through Teamcenter. The linked body is available in Teamcenter. When I try to re-link it all the subsequent operations fail. How do I re-link it without having to update the operations? What options do I need to select?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

File -> Import Assembly into Teamcenter... is a challenge, indeed. This is the method you are using, right?
These are the settings we typically use:
Add Assembly (whether it is an assembly or just one part)
Use Existing (only on very rare and controlled situations do we ever Overwrite)
Dry Run (a good practice - to review Info window for errors or anomalies before pulling the trigger)

ImportTC_wc8xjq.png

There are other settings, but let's start with these.
g.

gbangs
TC 8.3.3
NX 8.5.3.3 MP11

Thank you but I have tried this. It didn't work. The link gets broken. I believe there is some other setting but I am unable to figure out which one. Will keep at it!!

... or you may need to Overwrite the one in Teamcenter with the one from Native (but only if you make sure you can without causing issues to other parts/assemblies it is used in - fair warning, this could cause lots of pain)

gbangs
TC 8.3.3
NX 8.5.3.3 MP11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back