Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Into Abaqus 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramin88

Mechanical
Jul 27, 2012
GB
Hi guys
Currently im working with Abaqus to complete a project, basically I did draw the Geometry of my part in solid-work and imported it into Abaqus as a ACIS .SAT file which is apparently better than .IGES files.
the problem that I have is I get an error saying
'' the imported part contains imprecise geometry
partioning and quad/hex meshing using the medial axis algorithm may fail on imprecise parts ''

I will appreciate if anyone knows anything regarding this problem or can help.

P.s If necessary I can give you the file as well.

Kind regards
Ramin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is the part actually imported? If so you may need to use the Geometry Repair tool, located under Tools in the Part Module.

Thanks Infinityloop for the reply
yea the part is actually imported im trying to use those tools to repair it, but if you keep using those tools they will change the geometry...
and the other problem is that I dont know or i cant notice that when I should stop using those tools, how can i be aware that the problem that i had was solved...?

Unfortunately, geometry repair is often needed since CAD packages and neutral formats are less than perfect. Typically the geometry repair tools do no modify the geometry appreciably but definitely check especially in critical areas. If you have issues post your model and I'm sure someone will help. I hope this helps.

Rob Stupplebeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back