Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing parasolid/step error

Status
Not open for further replies.

roolf

Industrial
May 3, 2016
PL
Hello for everyone,

I am new with Patran and Adams and I am struggling few problems. I would really appreciate any help. So the first problem is... while I am trying to import any type of another 3D model I get an error: Warning reported from application CORE, Error executing subprogram. Reason: No such file or directory. I have an idea what's going on, because something similar happened at the beginning when I tried to start analysis. But those error I've solved with changing file direction in file P3_TRANS. And what I've noticed every path was wrong, so I guess the same problem is with importing but I have no idea which path should I change and which subprogram is responsible for importing. If anybody have a clue I would be really grateful.
Another problem is with Patran that when I do everything like in tutorial ( or youtube tutorial from MSC) and starting analysis everything is ok, no errors but there is no MNF file, at least not in project directory. I get only those files: .BDF,.DBALL,.f04,.f06,.IFPDAT,.txt,.MASTER,and .XDB, even though I selected MNF only in analysis settings.
I guess its not hard question but I would be grateful for help. Thank you in advance.

Adam

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hello,

I've solved my first problem, it was file name. It had special characters and it was trouble with parasolid. However with .step error is the same but I dont need it now.
With the second problem I'm still struggling,.mnf file is not created during analysis, here I'm sending movie: . I'm trying to follow this tutorial: . I guess I am making some mistake with RB2 Spider or DOFlist because I don't understand it in 100%. Can anyone help me how to make it correctly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back