Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In Search of an SAE "D" Pad Hydraulic Pump Disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otter

Mechanical
Oct 30, 2001
US

I am in search of an SAE D pad hydraulic pump disconnect.

I have a pump drive with multiple output pads. I need to be able to disconnect the drive shaft of a single pump.

I am looking for a manual disconnect unit to mount between the pumpdrive output pad and the hydraulic pump. The pump mounting pad is an SAE D pad.

The unit could be constructed utilizing a shifting fork and sliding intermediate splined shaft. I am looking for a low profile unit, the pump can mot be cantilevered off of the pump pad by more than 6 inches.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I thought I had information from Funk or somebody like that who made what you are looking for, but the information must have been over 10 years old and was discarded. Check with all the companies that make pump drives, and PTO’s, if no body make what you need, we design and build products like this in small (1 to 20 piece) lot quantities.
An example, we designed a hydraulic starting system and overhung load adaptor for a V-12-149 Detroit Diesel that was direct connected to a large hammer hog for grinding stumps. This took the place of a torque converter that failed after a short time in service.

Ed Danzer
danzco@thurston.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back