Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In Situ Particle Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoPuntzJones

Materials
Oct 27, 2005
US
I work in vacuum coating, but not in the semiconductor industry. I'm hoping someone here may be able to help be out. I am looking for an in situ particle monitor for a vacumm system. The simplest of these system are a laser which traverses an opening. Particles pass through the opening and scatter the laser beam.

A bit of research shows that High Yield Technology (HYT) manufactured something exactly like what I want (HYT Model 10, Model 20, Model 25SX etc). But HYT has been bought so many times since then, I can't find information on who, if anyone stills makes that product. Inficon also makes a laser vacuum particle detector, called Stiletto. I have spoken with them about their system, but it's not exactly what I want, it is designed primarily to to go in pumping lines, I want a detect right in the chamber.

Are there other options out their I'm missing? What does the semiconductor industry use for in situ particle monitoring?

Thanks,
BrunoPuntzJones

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know; I've not been involved in semiconductors for more tha 20 yrs. You might query that recycledgoods company.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

FYI

Hach has stopped production of the HYT probes, but they are still supporting them. I have bought a used system, but I'd still be interested in hearing from people in semiconductor as too whether there is anything similar being made right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back