Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoloy butterfly valves 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsbcn

Mechanical
May 15, 2009
ES
Hi everyone:

We're looking for a Western manufacturer to purchase the following:

2 units, DN50
Butterfly valves, flangeless 18barg, Incoloy 800 body and disc
Operating tempr. 530 to 800 degree Centigrade
Pressure Rating : ANSI CLASS 300
F to F Dimension : 45.5 mm

The face-to-face dimension is essential, as this is for a one-to-one replacement in the plant.

Accepted delivery is maximum 12-14 weeks.

Witness inspection by a 3rd party, such as Lloyds, may be required and we trust that receiving the inspectors will be at no additional cost.

Any leads/offers/hints/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

My focus: Alloy Valves Super Duplex Valves Monel Valves Incoloy Valves [link titanium-valves.com]Titanium Valves[/url] Hastelloy Valves

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"we trust that receiving the inspectors will be at no additional cost"

Unfortunately, I believe that it is impossible ;) May be some supplier will say they can supply it with no additional cost but absolutely that they will add money in advance. The llyods witness charge will be more than 800USD per day in China and DNV charge USD265.00 per hour. We often take this kind of inspection and in fact they cost a lot.

hi Intotherain:

obviously, one would have to pay Lloyds or similar to inspect. however, some factories actually charge for r e c e i v i n g the inspectors, i.e., to have Lloyds be present whilst the factory does their standard testing.

be that as it may, any leads on where we can get these?

My focus: Alloy Valves Super Duplex Valves Monel Valves Incoloy Valves [link titanium-valves.com]Titanium Valves[/url] Hastelloy Valves

Hi hsbcn,
I understand. I think that may be you have some confusion on this issue. "Receiving the inspectors and the factories themselves do their standard testing" is just what I say Lloyds witness procedure. The Lloyds charge for this witness(appr. +800.00 USD/day).
Take a recent DNV witness we have run for example, we contact DNV company and apply for DNV witness to cryogenic test as per BS6364 for 1 set of ball valve. They quote us the price(about 150.00USD/hour while they are on the way to the factory and 265.00USD/hour while they are witnessing the test), after we accept they will come to our company to witness the whole testing procedure. Finally, we pay them about 2300.00USD. And later we ask our final client pay against the DNV invoice.
So you see those classification society such as DNV,ABS,BV,GL and LR they are on the higher level of the food chain. You money will be mainly paid to them.

Btw, you can logon the LR's website and find their local office to aplly for witness service. More simply, you can just ask the factory who supply you the valves to run this procedure and you just pay against the Lloyds invoice.

Regards/ Intotherain

Western manufacturer not recommended. In England Shipham Valves manufacture butterfly valves in exotic materials, however, delivery is very long and the prices are astronomical. I have used a Korean manufacturer with excellent results and pricing for projects in Mexico. They have manufactured super duplex, monel, hastelloy, aluminum bronze, inconel, etc. We have worked with them to have Moody's inspectors visit the plant to check the materials before assembly and during the assembly including witnessing the hydrostatic tests with no problems whatsoever.

Chance Russo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back