Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Inspection Report Template 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finethread

Mechanical
Mar 30, 2006
US
Greetings,
I work for a fairly new company and we're getting ready to create our incoming inspection department. Does anyone have an Incoming Inspection Report template (preferably done in Excel) that I could borrow?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In my opinion it would be unlikely that someone would have something that would readily accommodate your needs. This is based upon my experience that every company I have worked for has had their own needs and ways of doing things.

My advice would be to create something simple that captures the part number, revision of the component, shipper/PO/Lot number, date received and then information on the relevant characteristics you are looking to inspect. If you wish to get more in depth you could add perhaps an inspection method and tool/gage # to use for that attribute (or insert a hyperlink within the cell to an appropriate procedural document). I would think you could easily create such a template within less than an hour and you have something that you are familiar with that can evolve as your needs do. It might take you at least that long to figure out and modify someone elses so that it would satisfy your needs.

Regards,

Every company is different. But some of the standards should be, Company, Part#, Rev#, QTY# for traceability issues. Then of course list your CTQs that need to be checked at incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back