Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Indonesian Wind Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKoch

Structural
Feb 26, 2002
AU
I am currently looking for an English translation of the Indonesian Wind code. Is anyone aware of where I can get a hold of a copy, or if there is an internet site with the Translation. Failing this, what is/are the design wind speeds for the country and how is differing terrains considered. From past jobs, I have a vague recollection that there are factors depending on the proxity of the site to the coastline.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

John Holmes from Monash University and Standards Australia are working on a Standard to cover wind loading for all Asian contries. Contact John at [jholmes@bigpond.com], or Richard Weller at [richard.weller@standards.com.au].

Also you could buy a copy of John's book "Wind Loading of Structures", which contains a list of design wind speeds for many contries. (My copy is beside my bed at home.)

Russell Keays

My recollection is that there is no such wind code. In the past, we have used the Australian Code, suitably adapted. Being on and near the equator, Indonesia is not particularly windy so you can conservatively use 41m/s as a working stress design wind speed, for low-rise structures. (<10m)
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back