Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

influencing of sacrifal anodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartz

Civil/Environmental
Mar 26, 2002
AU
actualy, i´m working on a conceptual design of an sacrifal anodes protection system of an fixed offshore platform.
The determining of required number of anodes and required anode masses are no problem. I decided for long-slender anodes for protection in submerged zone and flush-mounted anodes below mudline.
The question in this design is, how can i determine the influence of the long-slender anodes, because the space for distribution is very tight, so i need a rough value for the required distance between the anodes, or maybe there is no distance to consider, then i think, i need some equations for the specific anode resistance.

Thank you for help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Bartz,

This is just a thought, Have you ever considered an arc spray aluminum system? It's great on a Steel structure, I've personally used it on steel structures in the salt spray zone and if its applied properly and painted it's at least a 10 year coating.

Walter,
thank you for this idea, but the operator doesnt´t want any coating or painting in this area of structure, because during the operational phase it is certainly, that the coating or paiting fil will be destroy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back