Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

info ebonite dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

volonta

Industrial
Jan 19, 2008
IT
nice to meet you

hoping in a good new year begins for everyone

I'm working in a company for the manufacture of ebonite dust. I'm renewing the web site and i would like ask you a help to find some literature and if isn't too much special applications on our production.

in advance

Best regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'd like add the information in my own:

ebonite dust is a natural filler obtained uniquely from NR & S. the particular shape notched-layered allows high grip on the matrix of the rubber compounds.

the free sulphure contained in the powder assure an high bond with the rubber compound during the curing processes

The powder of ebonite can be used with either solid and liquids rubbers and for rigid or soft for molded rubber compounds .

property:

stabilize the hardness of the rubber compounds.

reduce the shrinking of the cure into rubber compounds during the moulding.

avoids the brakes during the cooling after the curing of the surfaces in rods or in thick walled rubber compounds.

high the mechanical properties of the rubber compounds

high the acoustical absorption of the mold proposes and of the protection shells.

high chemical resistance from: all's alkaline acids, salt solution, gas oils and petrol fluids.

control the exothermic excursions during d the cure process.

I've found some of this informations on "Polymer Technology Dictionary By Tony Whelan".

any further literature or information could help me.

regards,

gl . Volontà

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0246ab2b-783d-48a8-b5c2-54078792a34d&file=Ebonite_Dust_Microscope_x3.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back