Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information/data on old Fisher control valves

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanucKev

Mechanical
Jan 7, 2009
CA
Hello,

We're trying to find information on some old Fisher control valves - all we were able to read off the valves themselves was that one of them is a BZM and the other is a 125-P. They're both 1" and threaded (the 125-P has a 3/8" orifice). I've been searching the internet and all the Fisher documentation I have but these models don't seem to exist anymore. Is anyone familiar with these? The facility that they're at is about 50 years old itself so I suspect the valves aren't much newer than that. They're both dealing with produced oil at about 345 kPag and 60 C, and we're trying to nail down what their maximum flow rates would be.

If anyone knows anything about (or recognizes) these types of valves, and/or can point me in the direction to find info on old Fisher valves, I would appreciate your help...Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My instrumentation engineer is older than those valves :), I'll see if he has anything.

Have you tried contacting your local vendor? I resently needed some info on some 17 years old Fisker CV's (trims) and i just e-mailed the serial no. to the reps and they came back quickly with the info i needed. I dont even think the valves were delivered by this vendor since the installation was build in another country.

Best regards

Morten

Yeah, I've called the local vendor...they too said that serial numbers would help a lot, but unfortunately we couldn't get them off the valves themselves (they're covered in paint). So I'm in the middle of a bit of a back-and-forth with them. The first discussion didn't leave me too optimistic though, so I'm trying to cover my bases if possible.

A 125P is a oil filed dump valve. If you contact your local Fisher Local Business Partner and have them call Global Indusrty Sales in Marshalltown anyone can help you with this problem. We do not need the serial number This valve today would be replaced with a D2 or D3 style valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back