Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Initial fluid pressure in coupled eulerian-lagrangian model

Status
Not open for further replies.

biofriendly

Bioengineer
Jul 19, 2009
CA
Hello everybody,

I am new to Abaqus CEL. I am modeling a simple cylindrical container under pressure that contains an incompressible fluid with a pressure above the external pressure. Then I use damage evolution to get a progressive crack (elastic) in the container and I want to see how fluid will flow out of the container.

1- Obviously, as the fluid flows out of the container through the crack, the pressure will drop. How can I input this pressure in the model?

2- If I remember correctly from undergrad fluid mechanics, as soon as the crack opens, I can consider the pressure of the internal fluid as the atmospheric pressure and it will be then only the stress in the elastic container wall plus the gravity that is pushing the fluid outside. Is this correct?

I thank you all for your help,
A

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know about the crack propagation but for the fluid pressure in the cylinder you could apply fluid cavity pressure in the interaction module and specify the internal fluid pressure in the boundary conditions and for the fluid flow you could apply fluid exchange property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back