Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Initialization Problems in UGS NX6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinturupesh143

Aerospace
Jan 16, 2014
When I am starting UGS NX6, Iam getting an initialization error: "could not find directory for parasolid temporary files."
How can I solve this problem?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Pinturupesh143 ,

Is the variable UGII_UGSOLIDS_TMP defined to a non-existent location (either in the environment or in the UGII_ENV.dat file)?
Otherwise, is TMP or TEMP defined to a non-existent location (either in the environment or in the UGII_ENV.dat file)?
Or, are all three variables undefined?

At least one of the three variables must be defined and it must point to an existing location (which should also be a writable location to be useful);-)

Hope this helps,

Joe

Pinturupesh143,

I presume this happens very soon after launching NX so it would be a very small NX syslog required to show the issue.

Depending on the method of launching NX the variables may still be getting modified, for instance if a desktop shortcut is invoking a batch script.

If it is possible to post the log file from an "as simple as possible NX session that displays the message", I may be able to make other suggestions. Otherwise, it is time to call GTAC.

Regards,

Joe

Run a Re-install of NX.
I bet , unless you are running a odd platform or odd configuration , it's the installer that has failed.
If the installation has been running before, check that your computer is healthy and that the registry is ok.

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back