Injection Well Design Guides / Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoachCSR

Mechanical
Sep 23, 2009
US
Hi all,

I'm currently working on a power plant project in which the condenser circulating water is taken from a set of supply wells, passed once through the condenser, then sent to a set of injection wells.

Another engineering firm designed the injection wells and associated piping.

The initial test of the first injection well demonstrated a far lower capacity than was anticipated; "not my problem" per se, however, I've gotten very curious about the design approach for these injection wells (first time I've been remotely involved with them). My client has brought in an independent expert (who was very critical of the well designer), and I've picked his brain on several of my questions.

I would greatly appreciate any resources or references anyone can recommend for design practices or guidelines regarding injection wells and underground injection control. I've done some googling, but really only turned up some white papers addressing specific circumstances or regions - very little in the way of guidance or standards (aside from state or federal regulatory requirements, at least).

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back