Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inputing Material Data with diff compressive and tensile stiffnesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyd125

Mechanical
Jul 31, 2008
GB
Hi there,

Basically I'm analysing a component that is made from bonded ceramic fibres. I have a stress-strain curve for the material which looks similar to that of concrete; the young's modulus for the material in compression is much lower than it is in tension. This is important and I need a material model that will allow me to input this data, i.e. all data points from the stress-strain curve so the changes in stiffness between compression and tension can be accounted for.

In CAE the damage concrete material model is the closest one I can find as it allows you to enter stress-strain data for compression and tension but this requires addition data which is specific to concrete and also it requires an elastic young's modulus which again can't be specific to compression or tension.

Can anyone help or even a point in the right direction please? hopefully someone may have a subroutine/script to solve this issue ;)

Thank you

Danny

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back