Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InRoads - Surfaces 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeeit

Civil/Environmental
Sep 9, 2002
US
How do you save a surface so you can modfy it??

How can you view the points already loaded in for a contour surface??

Thank you for the help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your surface should be triangulated (Surface>Triangulate) prior to be saved in DTM format (File>Save>surface).
Lateron you can open the surface (File>open & select file type as DTM) and modify it.
To view the surface points, just use Surface>View Surface>Features. It will bring a dialog box to select which points you want to view.
Hope it helps.

Thanks Flame - way cool.

I need helpful hints with the 3-D issue. Once the surface is loaded what is the steps for getting a 3-D model? Can it be accomplished with the DTM file??

Thank you.

joeeit,
Once you load DTM file, you can display the triangles into your Microstation or autocad file by using Surface>View Surface>Triangles.
Once the triangles have written to your CAD file, you can render the triangles using standard 3-d display routines of the Cad software.
Its simple and looks good on screen, provided the data loaded is correct.

Thanks again flame.

For a volume calc, what would be the most accurate way (or preferred) for determining volume between two surfaces.

One of my surfaces has less points then the other - I want to use the most effective / useful process for the vol calc.

Thanks-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back