Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert .dxf

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppersiani

Mechanical
Nov 5, 2003
US
Okay, I am trying to insert a .dxf file on a face to extrude. I go through the import wizard and see the image with no problem. I hit the finish button and I get nothing on the face. I have tried just inserting it onto a plane on an empty part but still get a blank sketch. Any help would be appreciated.

Paul Persiani
SW 2007 SP 2.2

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I copy & paste all the time from DWG Editor with no problems.....well other than the geometry in dwg/dxf format can be problematic with line segments on top of other line segments.

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SWx 2007 SP 3.0 & Pro/E 2001
XP Pro SP2.0 P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

(In reference to David Beckham) "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right." -- George Best

The problem I am having is that the dxf isn't opening into a new part for me to copy onto the existing one. I get the preview to show up, but when I hit the "Finish" button, I get no result.

I just did, and that seemed to do the trick. I was able to open it onto the surface and extrude from there. Only issue now is that with all those splines, the file gets big. Oh well, at least the customer gets what they want. Thanks, all, for your help.

Paul Persiani
SolidWorks 2007 SP 3.1
CSWP
Arcoa Industries, LLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back