Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert, IGES... - Dialog Box Missing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troach

Automotive
Nov 25, 2003
US
I inserted an .iges file and then I did an undo. Afterwards, my dialog boxes disappeared. I changed my "Filedia" setting back to "1" and all my usual dialog boxes reappeared.
However, when I go to insert an .iges file into a new drawing, the dialog box does not appear any more. Not sure what's going on here.... any help?....

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Does typing in IGESIN at the command line get you what you want? Or are you already doing that?

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

Basically it gets me to the same place... whether I pick it from the pull down menu, or type the command in, the only prompt I get is at the command line "IGES Filename:" Before I would get a dialog box (where I could browse and pick the file I wanted to import). I can work around it, make sure the file is in the correct location and that there are no spaces in the file name, but the dialog box is much more convenient. I thought it might have been as simple as the "Filedia" setting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back