Insert images

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo12

Mechanical
May 27, 2003
CA
Hi,
Is there any way to add images to drawing especially to title blocks (like company logo..)I tried to use insert command but the image is not visible or printable..

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What version of Solid Edge?

There are "bugs" in some versions/service packs that allow some graphics types to come in correctly, other not.

I here bitmaps are flawless, but make sure you don't link it to the file. If you do link it, you have to manage that bitmap with Insight Connect otherwise all of your drawings will show a broken link.

My recommendation, especially if you have v14. Insert the graphic (may have to be in the part environment) and trace it with as a sketch. Then copy/paste that sketch into your title block. I think you'll have fewer problems if you recreate your logo in SE using lines/arcs/splines/hatches(fills). Once you have the logo in your template, you should also create a draft symbol of it.

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Using SE V11, I have found the best way to insert images in a draft is to copy and paste from another graphics program. I load the image I want to insert in the graphics program, have the draft open in SE, copy from graphics program, paste in SE. Then I right-click on image and change scale in properties. Using insert command to insert a graphic never worked properly for me.

This is also how I insert graphic images created in SE assembly.

Hmmm, we are in the process of getting upgraded to V14. I hope that the copy and paste still works for us - we kind of need that feature here :)

What graphics format are you using? I have been using mainly bitmap or jpeg or tiff (the ones supported internally by SE). Others just tend to leave an icon in the drawing (such as gif's).

We're using an old template with graphics, so I don't know for sure if the method still works. We used .bmp, .jpg is not verry good in SE. We just CTRL+V'd it into the template, onto the background-sheet. Sometimes the paste-option will not work, but the CTRL+V does.

Good luck!

Regards,

Pekelder

Thanks...

I could paste the graphic into the drawing,but when plotting,it doesnot show.

Any suggestions please..

Hmm, plotting, you mean with pens on paper? I can imagine a plotter doesn't do bitmaps, since they are dots, not lines. You might want to convert your graphic in an vectorgraphic (wich gives you the problem back of inserting it into your drawing in the first place.. sorsy). Printing the BMP's on our template was never a problem on a laser- or inkjetprinter.

Regards, Pekelder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back