Insert mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayden

Mechanical
Jul 31, 2002
NZ
Hey there team,

Does anyone know of a way to move around in insert mode quickly. ie. change from inserting after feature 600 to just after feature 50. Sure I can grab the 'insert here' arrow and move it up but what a drag that is. I don't really want to turn off insert mode and not regenerate features as I'll then have to tidy this up later.

What I'd like is something like insert after and then 'move to' in the insert mode menu.

If anyone has any good ideas here I'd be very keen to hear them.

Thanks in advance,

Hayden

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you aware of the Reorder command. This will allow you to reorder (before or after) a pre-existing feature or component. In 2001 you will find it under component\reorder or feature\reorder. In WF, you will find it under edit\component operations\reorder or edit\feature operations\reorder. You will then have options on how you want to move your feature or component. It's pretty simple.

Hello,

DO you mean (in 2001) FEATURE --> INSERT MODE --> ACTIVATE?

and FEATURE --> INSERT MODE --> CANCEL?

You will still need to resume features etc to get back down the model tree.

Is this helpful?

----------------------------------
Hope this helps.
----------------------------------

maybe only a drafter
but the best user at this company!

Cheers guys, but I'm sorry that's a no on both counts.

I know how to get in and out of insert mode and I know how to reorder.

I want a quick way of moving the insert position around WITHOUT having to go out of insert mode or dragging the arrow. I am trying to move about a range of about 500 features. I'm up and down my model tree like a yo yo at the moment. I'm not actually creating features I'm redefining them.

I feel this lack of a slick waty to move around in insert mode is a shortcomming of Pro E in general, unless there is a nice way to do it.

Hayden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back