Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert picture into model

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkhofer

Mechanical
Oct 20, 2003
US
Ok, what my boss has asked me to do is to create a good model that can be spun around in the eDrawing mode. What I need to do is to insert graphic info into the model. They have a barcode and a logo they would like to display in the edrawing format. Is there anyway to insert a simple graphic into the model so that it can be displayed through the edrawing function?

I haven't learned the photoworks yet. Is photoworks the only way I can place a graphic onto the model.

Also, I would like to know if there are any REAL good books out there that can help a moderate user go to the next level.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is a way to place picture files onto your part. The procedure is to start a sketch on the face and go to tools, sketch tools, sketch picture. This will allow you to place the picture and then manipulate the size and shape.

Functionality such as wrapping that picture and further manipulation can be found in PW2.

The only draw back is that when you create an eDrawing, this picture is not seen?? Any one have additional ideas?

Thanks

Daniel

In the feature manager tree, with the drawing in active window, select the view you want to show the sketch, select the part, RMC the sketch an select SHOW. The drawing view now shows the sketch.

Regards

macPT
Are you talking about the model part or drawing or eDrawing?
The original post asked for eDrawing!
I have tried what you suggest on SW03-SP0 & SW04-SP1 & it only works for the model part, not the drawing or eDrawing.

Have you been to the Barrie Molson plant recently?
[rofl]

[cheers]
CorBlimeyLimey, Barrie, Ontario.
[bigsmile] Don't Take It Personal, Have Fun While You Learn [bigsmile]
faq559-863

I will try to explain more in detail:

1 - create a part as you intend
2 - select a face or a plane
3 - create a sketch in that face or plane
4 - save the part
5 - create a drawing from that part
6 - create views in the drawing
7 - go to the manager tree
8 - select the view you want to see the sketch and explode the tree
9 - RMC the sketch
10 - select show

Now the sketch (of the part) is visible in the drawing view.

Please try again.

Good Luck!

macPT
Thanks for the detail, but thats not what was needed!

The original post asked how to show a graphic (ie. a picture or photo) in an eDrawing. Your solution only works for a picture in model part sketch or vector sketches in drawing views. In the Feature Manager a RMB click on a "sketch picture" in a drawing view does not (on my machines anyway) offer a show/hide option & in an eDrawing no sketches are shown at all, only views.

Any other suggestions?

[cheers]
CorBlimeyLimey, Barrie, Ontario.
[bigsmile] Sign on a Barrie restaurant reads, "We serve Molsons, but we only smoke Ribs" [bigsmile]
faq559-863

Thought I saw something on getting these to show up in eDrawings...... I'll see if I can remember what it was about - may have made a note, because it would be useful to us too.

John Richards Sr. Mech. Engr.
Rockwell Collins Flight Dynamics

A hobbit's lifestyle sounds rather pleasant...... it's the hairy feet that turn me off.

Thanks for the help fellas. We were able to find a solution to this specific problem. Couldn't get it into the edrawing, but were able to re-create the picture in the part drawing.

JNR
"Thought I saw something on getting these to show up in eDrawings...... I'll see if I can remember what it was about"

Did you manage to find anything on this? I now have a project where I could use this.

[cheers] from Barrie, Ontario.

[lol] For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain [lol]
faq559-863

AS described here I am trying to insert a picture so that it will appear in a drawing - I can get the image inserted into the part drawing but it will not show up on the Drawing page - I had a go at the instructions given above but its not working for me - any suggestions.
The image is actually a photo of an LCD screen on an electronic product btw.

Thanks
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back