Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inserting a drawing view at origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgrzebien

Industrial
Jul 1, 2005
US
I am trying to place a drawing view at the origin of the drawing sheet so that the lower left corner of the part is EXACTLY on the lower left corner of the format. I need to do this for a sheetmetal part to be DXF'ed out to our plant for manufacturing. Is there a coordinate system on the format to align to some how?

Thanks in advance

KTG

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In WF3 (other versions are similar, but may have different menu picks):

Create a csys in the part at the lower left of the flat pattern.
Select the view, right click and select properties.
Go to the origin section and change to on item.
Pick the csys you created. Change the View location in sheet x and y values to zero.

Peter Stockhausen
Pollak Switching Products

Peterstock

Thanks, thats what I thought but when I try to create the coor. sys. in the unbent part it always rebends itself. So the coor. sys is in the wrong spot. What am I missing?

Peterstock,

Thanks again, I tried your idea and still have the same issue. Nomatter what I have tried, everytime I try to create the csys the part automaticly rebends. I have tried creating the csys in the generic, and in the instances them selves with no luck.

I have a part programmed to 4 different sizes.
So my family table has column for the paramter for the size and a column for the unbend feature.
see below:

Pro/E Family Table
SIDE_JACKET

INST NAME MODEL_SIZE "F3044 [UNBEND]"
!GENERIC 8_TUBE N
JACKET_4_030 2_TUBE N
JACKET_4_030_FLAT 2_TUBE Y
JACKET_4_060 4_TUBE N
JACKET_4_060_FLAT 4_TUBE Y
JACKET_4_090 6_TUBE N
JACKET_4_090_FLAT 6_TUBE Y
JACKET_4_120 8_TUBE N
JACKET_4_120_FLAT 8_TUBE Y

I'm sure it's me missing something but I can't get it.
I'm running Wildfire 3.0 M060 on both 32 and 64 bit computers. same results on both systems

Open each of the flat instances and create a csys for that instance. This should add the csys as a feature to the family table. If not there is a problem with your model. If the corner can be defined in the same way for all the flats, you could create one cys and add that to the family table.

Peter Stockhausen
Pollak Switching Products

Just create the DXF from the flat-state model. There is no need to put it on a drawing first. Create the coordinate system where you want zero for the DXF and then use that coordinate system for the save-as DXF file.
We had this as a set of mapkeys, since our laser guys were doing it about 20-30 times a day.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
Sr IS Technologist
L-3 Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back