Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting Data in Microsoft Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr1973

Civil/Environmental
Jul 30, 2003
US
Hello All,
I am making an Access database, where info will be inputed via forms. I want one table,table1, to have only 2 fields, a key field and a date field.

On a seperate form, I am able to pull up a specific record. When I click a certain button, or hit enter on the date field in that form, I want to automatically add to table1 a record with that specific key # and date. Table1 will allow for duplicate key #s, so I can add several dates for each key #.

How do i go about doing this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For a experienced user of ACCESS (not necesary a programer), requiere only a little procedure written in visual basic and triggered by any action and/or button

You will probably want ot get a book on ACCESS. When you create tables, forms, etc., you can create relationships that allow 1 form to use data across many other forms. Within these relationships, you can set duplication abilities, date fields, etc. Pretty nice actually. Just takes a little time to set it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back