Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inserting excel chart issues SW2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitfire2332

Mechanical
Apr 10, 2010
US
I am trying to insert an excel chart and am having issues. This particular sheet is 6 columns by 69 rows; however, only about 55 rows show up. When I go to 'insert > object > excel chart' I am able to paste my entire table in. When I expand the table to try and show the remaining rows, it is simply scaling the 55 rows bigger. Any ideas? I have several charts I have to place in this document, many of them are larger than 55 rows, I'd prefer not to insert all of it in sections! Many thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I assume you've already RMB --> 'Reset Size' after having what you wanted in the table then sized it down, right? If not, I've had success in the past - by having a copy of Excel open in the background. (Don't know why this seems to work.)

it does the same thing. I also do have the excel open in the background. I'm working between programs. I've had this issue in the past before, it only wants to display a certain size table for some reason

yes, and this particular table is a total of 450 rows, split up between 7 tables. One table is 69 rows, the other is 10, etc etc. It is a point to point wiring table. Is there any good way to get this information in to solidworks from excel without manually typing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back