Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting Image Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmcintyre

Mechanical
Mar 4, 2004
US
I am using UG 18 and need to have an image file, tiff, displayed in the drafting app. I have searched for tips as tried for days to find a way to do this. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Cowski,
That is correct. Only in NX2 and beyond. However, the image cannot be plotted, even in NX2. The brand new plot queue functionality for NX3 migth do this, but I do not know.
In short, you can keep lookin' but ya won't find it in v18... Sorry.

-Derek
DL Engineering Services

specializing in CAD Design Consultation Services

We use a 3rd party add-on to our V18 called BCT Raster that does just this.
You can put the tiff in the model and pull it through into drafting, or directly in drafting. It also has some basic editing features to scale and crop the image once its in.

For more info see
Simon C

Tim,

It plots whatever's shown in drafting, (and picks up on line weight by colour). It also can produce a good quality (300dpi) tiff straight to disk of an entire drawing.

The only drawback is that you need a plug-in viewer installed to be able to view/plot a file containing a raster image correctly. I think BCT supply the viewer free of charge, but if you are interested it would be worth dropping them a line.

Simon C

this must be for the windows version of ug because i doubt i could use that program in unix

designer gooroo
catia v5
unigraphics nx
pro-e wildfire
ideas v10
autocad 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back