Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting images in LT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccable

Mechanical
Dec 22, 2003
GB
Could anyone remind me of the keyboard shortcut to bring up the insert dialogue box in AutoCAD LT 2002 so I can insert a JPEG. I know it can be done but I can't remember how? thank

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure because I use an older version of light. When I can do something by selecting buttons but don't know the command, I do it one then hit f2 to see what commands were used. I then use the same command with a - or _ in front of it to force it to be all text entered. Then I can usually work it out.

Tim

"IAT"
@ command line will invoke the attach image dialog.

Intel P4 3.0 GHZ
512 DDRAM
Win 2000 Pro
Autocad 14, 2002 with EP 2.3.1

From < help...... insertobj brings up a dialog box to insert all kinds of things.. Not sure if it is what you are looking for though.

Attach/insert raster images even in AutoCAD LT (hidden trick).

It is easy to attach raster image files in AutoCAD LT 2002 (2000i, 2000) although it is a disabled functionality.
Start the _IMAGE command to start the Image Manager and press Alt+A keys (English and Italian version only, use Alt+Z for the German, Alt+T for the French, Alt+D for the Polish, Alt+E for the Spanish versions).

hope this helps.

don't have LT to test.

Intel P4 3.0 GHZ
512 DDRAM
Win 2000 Pro
Autocad 14, 2002 with EP 2.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back