Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insight - Life Cycle Assistant Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncarlblom

Mechanical
May 6, 2010
US
I've just run into a problem with the LifeCycle Assistant (LCA) used in coordination with the Insight Server V20. I have a Released document library configured with Content Approval. Users are able to release documents, (move to Released document library, get approval, and change doc status to released), however if changes need to be made to that document and they attempt to change the status to Available, they receive the following error:

"Add permissions must be added to the library for *user*". It lists the path of the error as a Pre-Released Documents library folder( Documents/Orders/2009/InsightOrder09).

So, it appears those documents are being moved to the Pre-Released document library when the status changes. That's fine. I've double-checked permissions and each user can add documents, and continues to do so through Save As.... In fact, as admin of all doc libraries I also receive the same error. Has anyone else run into this or have some idea how to fix it? Does this have anything to do with approval being enabled for the Released documents and not for the Pre-Released documents?

Additionally, if I try to re-run the LifeCycle Assistant, it won't allow me to cancel the previous transaction, only Retry and Suspend are available to click. Retrying, despite double-checking permissions garners the same error listed above. Anyone with any ideas as to how to get LCA to ignore this, or clear LCA's cache would also be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check the following:

Go to Solid Edge Options...File Locations. Make sure that the location for the Pre-released file type is 100% correct. Is the location stated as or
As for the previous transactions. Inside the cache folder there is a folder with the name Cookies. If you don't see it you will have to change your folder options to show hidden files and folders. Inside that folder is a file with the name "translog", simply delete that file.

Regards,
Theodore

Solid Edge ST2 SP5 on WinXP x64

toffeet,

I know it's been awhile, but I'm running into the LifeCycle Assistant not allowing me to cancel previous failed transactions again. Only Retry and Suspend are available. Tried to delete the translog.xml file, but it still comes up the same. Any other ideas?

When you open your option.xml file with SEAdmin.exe, what is the setting for the "Life Cycle - Always Process Incomplete Files" option?

Regards,
Theodore

Solid Edge ST2 SP5 on WinXP x64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back